Under the leadership of Artistic Director RC Haus and Executive Director Bob Lehman, the San Diego Gay Men’s Chorus is celebrating its 33rd anniversary of changing lives one voice at a time. With more than 200 members, it is one of the largest gay choruses in the world and has sung at locations including the White House, the Super Bowl and Lincoln Center. The group’s official mission is to create a positive musical experience through exciting performances that engage audiences, build community support and provide a dynamic force for social change.
To create a positive musical experience through exciting performances which engage our audiences, build community support and provide a dynamic force for social change.
We connect, inspire and challenge:
-Our chorus members, by nurturing artistic and personal growth, while building a musical family.
-Our audiences, by broadening cultural awareness of important social issues and the bonds that unite us all.
-Our communities, by serving as a catalyst for individual and social transformation.
- Musical Excellence: Dedication to the highest artistic standards.
- Unity: Fellowship and fun with a commitment to collaboration and communication, both within the chorus and in harmony with the larger community.
- Social Responsibility: Commitment to equality, social justice, arts advocacy and service to underserved segments of society.
- Integrity: Affirmation of our gay identity with honesty, respect and just treatment of all.
- Collaboration: Innovative partnerships that advance mutual interests.