SDGMC photo credit: Auré Photography / Benjamin Auré, Jr.
To create a positive musical experience through exciting performances which engage our audiences, build community support and provide a dynamic force for social change.
We connect, inspire and challenge:
-Our chorus members, by nurturing artistic and personal growth, while building a musical family.
-Our audiences, by broadening cultural awareness of important social issues and the bonds that unite us all.
-Our communities, by serving as a catalyst for individual and social transformation.
- Musical Excellence: Dedication to the highest artistic standards.
- Unity: Fellowship and fun with a commitment to collaboration and communication, both within the chorus and in harmony with the larger community.
- Social Responsibility: Commitment to equality, social justice, arts advocacy and service to underserved segments of society.
- Integrity: Affirmation of our gay identity with honesty, respect and just treatment of all.
- Collaboration: Innovative partnerships that advance mutual interests.